Public Consultation for The Old School Building
Horton Kirby & South Darenth Parish Council
PUBLIC CONSULTATION - PLEASE READ AND RESPOND
Your Parish Council has been looking into the options of the future of the Old School Building (Wide Horizons) next to the village hall.
There are various options that may be considered but in reality it reduces to the need for outright ownership, purchasing from Lewisham Council (via their estate agents).
In considering ownership, the fundamental issue is where the money is coming from;
1. A loan via the National Public Works Loan Board (PWLB).
Note: This option would potentially require an increase of the precept to support any income derived from the use of the building for its purchase and its maintenance.
2. Purchase via public/community funding through formation of a charity or Community Interest Company operated jointly by members of the public and the council. The sum required is estimated at £800,000.00.
To follow the procedure for and to achieve acceptance of a loan from the PWLB, the council is directed to maintain transparency with its residents and seeks direction through a public poll.
The council is deeply conscious of the ramifications of controlling ownership in that it could provide a valuable asset for the community.
If the building is sold to a business/developer (Currently advertised for Commercial D1 use), the council visualises the potential of a serious impact to the operation of the village hall and roads for example through the serious congestion caused by unavailability of additional parking spaces.
PLEASE RESPOND BY 30th JUNE via the council website www.hksdparishcouncil.co.uk OR RETURN TO PARISH OFFICE
COPIES AVAILABLE FROM THE PARISH OFFICE OR EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org
I AM A RESIDENT AT (HOUSE NO)_________ POST CODE ___________
- I AGREE THAT THE PARISH COUNCIL
PROCEEDS TO INVESTIGATE A LOAN OF £800,000.00
FROM THE PUBLIC WORKS LOAN BOARD
- I AGREE THAT THIS MAY GENERATE
ADDITIONAL COST TO THE PRECEPT TO ASSIST IN REPAYMENT OF THE LOAN
- I AGREE THAT THE COMMUNITY SHOULD FUND THIS THROUGH A COMMUNITY BUSINESS
- I WOULD CONTRIBUTE TO THE FUNDING
- Please contact me on the following: __________________________
- WE SHOULD HOLD A PUBLIC MEETING TO DISCUSS
- I BELIEVE THE COUNCIL SHOULD NOT PROCEED FURTHER
- 01322 865193
Find Horton Kirby & South Darenth Parish Council
The Village Hall, Horton Road, South Darenth, Dartford, Kent, DA4 9AX
If using SatNav to find the address please use the postcode DA4 9AZ Email: email@example.com