Advance Notice of Laying of Gas Pipeline Letter
Horton Kirby & South Darenth Parish Council
Dear Resident/Business Owner
This letter is to advise you in advance of temporary traffic lights on Horton Road, by the allotment
entrance, heading north to The Bridges pub/Station Road junction (from 22/07/19 to 10/08/19). There will
also be road closure work in South Darenth, from the Viaduct heading north to the junction of Holmesdale
Road and Devon Road (from 12/08/19 to 21/09/19).
• The work will consist of laying a gas pipeline to facilitate the injection of green gas Biomethane into
the gas grid system owned by SGN
• The pipeline is being laid from Court Lodge Farm to the Junction of Devon Road/Holmesdale Road.
• This pipeline forms part of the nation’s drive for cleaner energy
• PDI Utilities, managed by CNG Services Ltd, will be the contractor doing the work
• The work is expected to start on 22/07/19 through to 21/09/19, although we would like to
compress these times to minimise disruption to the neighbourhood
• The working hours will be from 7.30am till 6.00pm Monday to Friday, with Weekend work as
needed, with residents and businesses notified accordingly
• There will be some noise throughout the day as part of the construction process, but we are not
planning or expecting any night works to be required. The road closures mentioned above are
necessary to enable these works to be completed but CNG Services will endeavour to keep the
amount of disruption to local residents and businesses to a minimum
• We will be posting regular updates on the notice boards in the village and also informing the Parish
Council of any changes to the schedule. The Parish Council website can be found at
• A plan of the site and extent of the works is enclosed for your information.
• Pedestrian access will be maintained at all times, via a diversion of the existing pathway around the
construction works if needed. Deliveries for local businesses will be affected and care will be
needed for any oversized deliveries expected. Access for emergency services will be available at all
PDI (utilities design & management) Ltd Registration number 3591654 England Registered Office 7 The Close Norwich NR1 4DJ
We thank you in advance for your patience and cooperation during these essential works.
If you have any questions or comments about the new gas pipeline, please feel free to contact us. The
contact for day to day queries will be Stuart Nielsen (PDI Utilities) on 07730 871106.
- 01322 865193
Find Horton Kirby & South Darenth Parish Council
The Village Hall, Horton Road, South Darenth, Dartford, Kent, DA4 9AX
If using SatNav to find the address please use the Postcode DA4 9AZ